This position is an excellent opportunity to learn a broad range of development/fundraising skills. The position reports to the Director of Development to offer support for the three-person Development team.
The Museum of Wisconsin Art (MOWA) explores the art and culture of Wisconsin. Founded in 1961, MOWA is one of the top museums of regional art in the United States, with almost 5,000 works of contemporary and historic art by more than 350 artists. Through rotating exhibitions and educational programs, MOWA provides an innovative forum for the culturally engaged. In 2013, MOWA opened its new 32,000-square-foot facility in downtown West Bend. The museum houses five permanent collection galleries, three temporary exhibition spaces, and two classrooms as well as visible art storage, a shop, and a large atrium for public events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Assist with grant writing and tracking
- Draft donor acknowledgment letters and other correspondence
- Manage auction donation requests and process
- Support staff with logistics and set-up associated with special events and programs. May serve as event staff.
- Assist with meeting and presentation preparation
- Maintain donor files
- Represent the Museum of Wisconsin Art Museum with a high level of integrity and professionalism, adhere to policies, maintain confidentiality, and support decisions or directives in a positive professional manner
- Other duties, as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in non-profit development and fundraising
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in Word, Excel, Power Point, and database environments
- Commitment to MOWA goals and mission
- Maintain a stationary position at a desk for extended periods of time and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
This position will be typically scheduled during normal business hours and may include after hour special events and functions. A mutually agreeable schedule will be determined with the candidate. Schedules may vary based on the needs of the museum.
Back to available positions